Ramkhamhaeng Hospital Cardiology Centre provides our patients with the latest medical treatments with advanced technology.
Our services include :
- Ankle-brachial index screening device (ABI): A measurement of the blood pressure in the lower legs compared to the blood pressure in the arms to indicate the risk of peripheral arterial disease
- Electrocardiogram (EKG): A measurement of the electrical activity of the heart
- Exercise Stress Test: A screening method used to test the effect of exercise on your heart
- Echocardiography/ECHO: The use of echocardiograms, ultrasounds of the heart, to effectively diagnose potential cardiac conditions
- Holter monitor: A continuous monitoring of a heart condition with a portable ECG device
- A diagnostic of heart disease with CT 64 Slice
Treating your heart with advanced medical facilities by experienced cardiac specialists and surgeons:
- Cardiac Catheterization and Coronary Angiography Unit
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA & Stent) Unit
- Cardiac Rhythm Disorders Unit: Cardiac Rhythm Disorders Unit offers treatments of a heart rhythm problem with CARTO Technology
- Electrophysiology (EP) and Radiofrequency Ablation Unit
- Chest Pain and Heart Attack Unit
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Off pump heart surgery: the method of performing a coronary bypass operation without using the heart-lung machine
- Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Pacemaker Implant Unit: Pacemaker Implant Unit, performed by experienced specialists and surgeons, provides a heart treatment with the latest pacemaker device to maintain a suitable heart rate
We also offer many more services including cardiac rehabilitation, mobile CCU ambulances fully equipped with advanced medical equipments and 24-hours heart disease advice hotline (083-990-8989)
Treating Cardiac Arrhythmia with CARTO System
The treatment of cardiac arrhythmias varies depending on the types and the seriousness of any underlying heart condition.
The treatment may range from medication to more advanced surgical procedures. However, some patients who are treated with medication may need long-term medication therapies and side effects may include low blood pressure, slow heart rates, blurred vision, thyroid problems or even heart failure. As a result, doctors recommend the latest radiofrequency ablation technology as an alternative treatment.
The integration of the electrophysiology (EP System) and the three dimensional magnetic navigation mapping systems called CARTO System allows faster, better and more effective treatment for heart rhythm disorders. The success rate, depending on the seriousness of heart disease, can be up to 95% in patients with moderate symptoms, and 70% in severe cases. Since the EP system and CARTO System are non-fluoroscopic electro-anatomical techniques, patients are safe from x-ray exposure and doctors can effectively and accurately perform diagnostic tests and treatments.
Innovative Diagnostic Technologies and Treatments
Our Heart Centre offers innovative diagnostic technologies and advanced treatments, which enable specialists to perform faster and finest coronary artery evaluation to patients with coronary artery disease.
- Rotablator: The most advanced technology used to pulverize hardened plaque within a coronary artery of the coronary heart disease patients. The rotablator treats coronary artery disease by breaking the calcium into tiny pieces and disintegrate the blockage. Even patients with a symptomatic total coronary occlusion can be treated with rotablation without having to undergo surgery.
- High Speed 64 Slices CT Scan: An advanced technology that helps physicians detect potential of coronary artery disease.
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS): A latest technology that allows physicians a more complete and accurate assessment by offering a real time tomographic- a 360-degree view of the arterial wall from tiny instrument inside the coronary artery.